Sam Elliott, USPTA
Sam Elliott, USPTA - Conceptual Architect of TNT Tennis.
It is through Sam’s vision and creativity that the ideas and philosophies of TNT Tennis were developed many years ago. Sam has been teaching tennis professionally for over 33 years. Sam’s distinguished teaching career includes work in all facets of the tennis industry. Sam has directed, coached, and taught at country clubs, universities, high schools, corporations, and public facilities. During his 33 years of teaching tennis, Sam has had the opportunity to develop players of all ages and skill levels. Sam’s considerable talents as a student of the game has allowed him to work with some of the very best junior players in the state…(including former #1’s in Texas and top 10 nationally ranked players). Sam’s career as a player is equally as impressive as his teaching accomplishments. Listed below are some of Sam’s achievements as a player and tennis professional:
• USPTA member for 17 years
• Graduated from Southwest Texas State University in Business Administration(1982)
• NCAA Division II & NAIA All American (1982)
• Member of NAIA National Championship Teams (1981, 1982)
• Competed in NCAA Division I Championships (1982)
• Ranked #3 in singles and doubles in Texas (1993)
• Played professional tennis circuits in US, Canada, and Mexico
• Director of Tennis for El Dorado Country Club & Las Colinas Country Club
• University of Dallas - Head Men’s & Women’s Tennis Coach
• USTA Certified Schools Clinician
• USTA Ambassador of Northeast Tarrant Tennis
Sam currently is the Volunteer director of KATCH (Keller Alliance Tennis Charter), directs the programs for Northwest ISD at Byron Nelson high school, and is also a professional at The Hurst Tennis Center. Along with his teaching and director efforts, Sam is also a realtor for Century 21 Worldwide of Keller. Thankfully, Sam continues to be an innovator both on and off the court.
©Tara Robbins 2015