Kelly Langdon, USPTA
Kelly Langdon has 27 years of professional experience in tennis instruction at both public and private clubs. Coach Langdon’s accomplishments as an instructor have been the result of his year round dedication to tennis, which qualifies him to assist other to enjoy the game and reach their goals.
During his 27 years of professional tennis teaching, Coach Langdon has taught men, women, and children of all ages and skill levels. Coach Langdon has taught hundreds of state ranked players, along with nationally ranked player from the US and Mexico. Along with his extensive background in high level junior tennis, he has always made a point to work with beginning level players. Coach Langdon believes it is extremely important to work with players at the grassroots level, supporting the USTA in its efforts to promote QUICKSTART tennis.
Kelly Langdon’s versatility as a professional and director has allowed him to teach/coordinate in many areas of tennis; Public facilities, private clubs, universities, high schools, and corporations. Currently, Coach Langdon enjoys overseeing the programs at The Hurst Tennis Center, City of Grapevine, City of Colleyville, City of Lewisville and the City of Roanoke. Coach Langdon has also been the Head Coach of the consistently state ranked Marcus Marauder tennis teams for the past 13 years.
A number of Kelly Langdon’s accomplishments as a tennis player, professional and coach are listed:
• Top 10 Texas singles ranking.
• 2-Time Top 5 open doubles ranking in Texas.
• USPTA certified member – 20 years
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting Control Systems from the University of North Texas.
• Voted United States Professional Tennis Association’s “High School Coach of the Year for Texas”. (2008 & 2012)
• Voted Wilson/Texas Tennis Coaches Association’s 5-A “Coach of the Year” (2011)
• Marcus High school’s Tennis Team finished #14 in Texas (2013-14)
• Marcus High school’s Tennis Team finished #20 in Texas (2012-13)
• Marcus High school’s Tennis Team finished #11 in Texas (2011-12)
• Marcus High school’s Tennis Team was ranked top #25 in Texas (2007-10)
• Teams have raised over $40,000 for local charities. Awarded Lewisville ISD “Golden Apple Award” for philanthropy. (2011)
• (19) Individual district champions, (9) district runner-ups, (6) regional finalists, (3) state alternates, (2) State quarter-finalist, (1) State semi-finalist, and (3) State Champions. (2000-13)
• Boys Spring District Champions (2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2013) Runner-up (2004, 2007, 2012)
• Girls Spring District Champions (2000, 2001, 2007, 2010) Runner-up (2004, 2008, 2009, 2012, 2013)
• Team Regional Semi-Finalists (2011 & 2013)
• Team Regional qualifiers (2000, 2001,2007, 2011, 2012, 2013)
• Voted “Coach of the Year” by both Ft. Worth Star Telegram and Dallas Morning News (Denton County). (2004)
• Voted District “Coach of the Year”. (2003, 2011, 2013)
©Tara Robbins 2015